Thursday, January 21, 2016

Foodie Wishlist 2016


I love Instagram. It's a foodie's heaven. And a fantastico treat for any foodie's eyes. And if you're following me, you'd know most of my posts are full of what. No points for guessing!

And you should see how my feed is inundated with fantastico food photographs of the hundreds of accounts that I follow, right from a restaurant or homemade dish, to the hors d'oeuvre by a budding chef or a molecular gastronomical Heston Blumenthal dish.
I simply salivate thinking of them.

And with January being the holy month of resolutions and stuff, this is what I decided to do. I picked the best off my Instagram feed so far, and put it on the wishlist of dishes that I'd like to devour in 2016. Yeah, it's like a wishlist but only of food and more food! These are snapshots from my Instagram feed.

Not in any order, here goes:

The kitkat milkshake from @145kalaghoda


Can't believe all these years in Mumbai and I have not yet had the classic Irani berry pulao at Britannia & Co., Churchgate.


I have had this icecream sandwich, but want to relive college days again by devouring into it one more time. This is at K Rustoms at Churchgate.



If traveling to Amritsar isn't on the cards yet, I think this lip smacking parantha thali is a good enough reason to head there and devour it from Kesar Da Dhaba.



Now, being a south Indian, food from the south does not excite me too much. But the sheer length of this dosa is tempting me to indulge in this crispy batter pancake.


This gem was hiding away from me for so long. To add to the list of must eats is Pancham Thali from Pancham Puriwali. And is VFM.


The presentation had me in! This might appear to be an innocuous looking roti ki tokri with a vegetable curry, but I was salivating at the first moment I saw it.


Any true pizza lover in this city will swear by Joey's pizza. Located in the inner lanes of Andheri west, this truly Value For Money pizza joint will make you want to come back again and again.


I've been to The J, at Churchgate before and that time I had the pizza fries. But this photo got me salivating to have fish and chips. Gotta try this one for sure.


The following four posts are full of Nigella Lawson's wisdom - more fat, the better.
Fat Kid Deli, at Vashi serves up these AMAZING treats which I'm waiting to devour.


Take a look at this loaded dog. This is taking Hot dog to the next level. The southern Mac dog!

Mac and cheese anyone? or perhaps Death by CHEESE?
Loaded with loads of cheese, this is too tempting to resist!


How about this gorgeous marshmallow chocolate drink?


Popsicle anyone?
Or perhaps a Craft beer popsicle?
One for the cold!


The day Soda Bottle Openerwala opened in Mumbai, my feed has been inundated with some lip smacking parsi fare. Gotta visit it soon!


Will keep updating this list, so watch out! So if you spot me at any of these places in this year, do come to say hi, but don't expect me to share my food. *Peace Sign*

This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spit it out already!